Advanced Sport Diver
- Duration: 2 Days
- Number of dives: 5 open water dives
- 18 years old (10 with parental consent)
- Entry Level Scuba Diving Certification.
What is PSA Advanced Open Water Sport Diver ?
The Advanced Open Water Sport Diver (AOWSD) is a Professional Scuba Association International (PSAI) advanced-level certification course. Upon successful completion of this course, graduates will have proven their competence to use standard scuba equipment and engage in open water diving activities without supervision, provided the diving activities and the areas dived approximate those encountered in training.
What does this course give you ?
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- A. Procure compressed air, equipment and other services for sport diving purposes
- B. Apply the knowledge and skills outlined in this standard to plan and conduct sport dives with no required decompression stops (safety stops required on all dives) in conditions similar to their training and experience when properly equipped, and accompanied by another certified diver from an internationally recognized organization offering dive training.
- C. Enroll in PSAI Sport Diver Continuing Education course
What Will I Do ?
- 1. Plan all dives using the PSAI Repetitive Dive Table for Air Dives;
- 2. At least three (3) dives must cover the basic techniques of:
- a. Underwater Navigation
- b. Deep Diving – no required deco stops (safety stops only)
- c. Buoyancy control
- 3. At least two (2) dives can be chosen in the following list, depending on the logistics and the student’s personal preference, at the discretion of the instructor:
- a. Altitude Diving
- b. Archaeology
- c. Basic Photography
- d. Basic Videography
- e. Boat Diving
- f. Computer Diving
- g. DPV Diving
- h. Drift Diving
- i. Dry Suit Diving
- j. Marine Bio-Life
- k. Night Diving/Limited Visibility
- l. Search and Recovery
- m. Shore/Beach Diving
- n. Wreck Diving – non-penetration
Where Can I Go From Here ?
Once you have your advanced sport diver license, you have the prerequisite you require in order to complete your Rescue diver course where you will learn manage stress and diving accidents !
Required Course Materials ?
All students will use the PSAI Repetitive Dive Table for Air Diving Table. Recommended is the PSAI Advanced Open Water Sport Diver E-learning System and the PSA Recreational Scuba Diving manual.
Book with Siam Divers and you will receive quality training and professional service. We conduct all of our courses according to PSAI (Professional Scuba Association International) standards and structure.
Copyright © by Scuba Diving Pattaya, Thailand. Dive Pattaya with Siam Divers Diving Center All Right Reserved.